Area Manager - Mthatha & Transkei
Area Manager - Mthatha & Transkei
Mthatha / Transkei
Cost to Company Salary
The successful candidate would hold a position of high responsibility, overseeing all Mthatha and Transkei stores.
It is imperative that this individual reside within Mthatha / surrounding areas or be willing to relocate.
- The Area Manager is responsible for all operations in his/her business unit.
- The Area Manager assists the Operations Manager to make careful considerations of all aspects in the business unit before making a business decision.
- The Area Manager is responsible (with the Operations Manager) for business unit goals, decisions, plans, implementation and evaluation of performance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for the branch as a whole, ensuring that the outside of the store is kept neat and tidy and that inside fixtures and fittings are accounted for and maintained
- Co-ordination of janitorial and repair services.
- Is responsible for all stock and will be held accountable for all overages and shortages.
- Should ensure control of inventory.
- Prepare requisitions to replenish stock.
- Identify and report on slow selling items.
- Stock loss action plan
- Manage the quality and quantity aspects of the merchandise assortments.
- Co-ordinate the layout of shelves and merchandise of seasonal and sale displays.
- Identify new ways of promoting merchandise.
- Ensure required housekeeping standards at all times.
- Ensure that there is an equal standard throughout the st
Marketing and Sales
- Manage the implementation of all marketing promotions to ensure maximum sales opportunities are exploited.
- Achieve and exceed store sales targets.
- Actively participate in promotions, stay up to date with current advertising and provide sales leadership to staff.
- Stay current with products, marketing and pricing of area retailers with similar products.
Admin and Cash
- Ensure that the standard of administration and procedures in store are met.
- Make certain that business direction and strategies are followed.
- Ensure that the responsible persons are following proper procedures when handling all store cash.
- Check and verify these documents daily.
- Manage controllable expenses as this directly affects the profitability of the branch.
Management of Staff
- Assign employees to specific duties.
- Encourage, assist and train employees to become a motivated sales force.
- Manage performance and development of staff
- Ensure that all procedures and policies are being followed and enforce disciplinary action when necessary.
- Determine when extra temporary staff is needed and recruit same.
- Manage the security in all aspects of the business and ensure that security procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Monitor security staff and make sure that they are alert and performing their duties to the maximum.
- Must possess strong customer service and communication skills and the ability to apply a friendly and enthusiastic manner on a daily basis.
- Train staff in customer service.
- Assist customers with enquiries and complaints.
- Continuously satisfy customer needs and attract clientele.
- Matric essential
- Operations Management diploma / degree or related Retail NQF 5 qualification highly advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Clothing Retail operations environment as a Manager or Store Manager.
- Valid code 8 drivers licence
- Willingness to travel
SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication Skills
- A proven ability to manage staff and ensure maximum productivity
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office
Salary: Comparative Market – related salary and benefits