JOB DESCRIPTION / PURPOSE:
The purpose of the role is to maximise cash collection, prevent debt from ageing and ensuring the Active Client Management process is applied to your portfolio of client. You’ll engage our customers to negotiate payment, whilst maintaining a customer relationships. You’ll need to facilitate the resolution of a range of customer and industry related queries and help support the customer in operating optimally, thereby ensuring the ability of the customer to settle his obligations in terms of his credit agreement.
EDUCATION / COMPUTER PACKAGES:
- MS Office proficient
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to communicate in more than one of the official languages of South Africa
- Knowledge of debt collection techniques and be able to demonstrate excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Minimum of 1- years’ experience in Collections in a client contact centre
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of customers through Active Client management and implantation of tactical campaigns in order to ensure client performance in line with the client’s requirements
- Work to agreed quality standards and within agreed timescales
- Developing and maintaining your specialist collections, industry, business and system knowledge
- Balance debt collection with efficient customer service
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Able to remain composed and professional when dealing with challenging customers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a strong sense of accountability/target driven
- Be able to multitask
- Ability to navigate different applications in order to identify whether information provided by a client is correct.
- Good typing skills
- Ability to translate telephone calls into written text on the system in the appropriate English
- Good problem-solving capability
- Ability to follow company processes
- Ability to diarise and follow up with clients in an articulate manner