Cost to Company Salary
Our client within the construction sector, seeks the skills of a Senior Estimator to join their team in East London.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 10 + years’ relevant experience
- Previous experience within Civil Construction Estimating
- Extensive experience as an Estimator in the construction field
- Previous working experience within a tendering department essential
- Diploma, B-Tech or Degree in Quantity Surveying
- SACPCMP Qualified advantageous
- Experience working on CCS advantageous
- Exceptional time management, multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Brilliant management and negotiation skills
- Ability to closely collaborate with other project teams and stakeholders
- Excellent research, proposal writing, and oral presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of best industry practices and standards
- Researching construction documents and analysing specifications.
- Determining the total cost of materials, equipment, utilities, and labour for construction projects.
- Preparing estimates for planning, organizing, and scheduling project work.
- Managing pre-qualification and pre-bid submissions.
- Ensuring that relevant documents and budgets are submitted before a bid deadline.
- Preparing estimates to meet project goals, such as setting work hours, sequencing tasks, obtaining materials, and securing the best deals with vendors and subcontractors.
- Formulating contingency plans and effectively managing risks that might impact cost and time estimates.
- Regularly reporting to Management and keeping clients updated on the project status.
- Keeping track of the latest estimating technology and industry-related techniques.
- Collaborating with other teams, conducting site visits, and providing other services, like bid deliveries, when required.
Benefits: Company Vehicle and cell phone allowance.
Medical Aid & Provident Fund contribution after probation period